What Protection Does it Offer?
Homeowners policies that cover only catastrophic ground collapse will cover the cost of damage only under the following conditions:
- The abrupt collapse of ground cover
- A depression in the ground cover clearly visible to the naked eye
- Structural damage to the building, including the foundation
- The insured structure being condemned and ordered vacated by the government agency
If You Have a Sinkhole Claim
If a portion of your home has shifted or sunk due to ground cover collapse, or if a sinkhole has appeared on your property, immediately take the following steps:
- Ensure the safety of your family and evacuate if necessary.
- Secure or remove valuable possessions.
- Notify SterlingRisk.
- Notify your city or county building inspection department.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below:Tags: Insurance, Insurance News, Sinkhole Insurance