Preparing for an Intruder in Your Home
It is difficult to determine how you would react if you came face-to-face with an intruder in your home, especially if the intruder were armed or intended to harm any of your family members. The most important thing to remember is to stay calm and that the first thing anyone who spots an intruder should do is to call the police.
Be Prepared for an Intruder
Use the following tips to become prepared for a home intruder:
- Put an emergency plan in place and discuss it with everyone in your household. Include the following:
– Determine a system for notifying others in the house of the intruder.
– Designate an escape route, if feasible, from the home if it is possible the intruder is armed and dangerous.
– Discuss other emergency action steps and make sure everyone is aware of what kind of action he or she should take in the event of an intruder.
- Take any measure possible to let the intruder know someone is home and aware of his presence.
- Do not assume the intruder is unarmed. He or she may be concealing a knife or gun and could produce it at a moment’s notice.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below:Tags: Insurance, Insurance News