Home Matters – Summer Swimming Pool SafetyJuly 18, 2018 - 1 minute read
Though splashing and diving is carefree fun, owning a backyard pool comes with serious responsibilities, too. From poolside party safety tips to supervision, there are many general safety precautions you can take to make sure your friends and family enjoy your pool safely.
SUMMER SWIMMING POOL SAFETY
Here are some general recommendations for swimming pool safety:
- Install a fence with self-locking and – closing gates to completely isolate your pool from your house and the areas around it.
- Do not leave your children or guests alone in the event that they would need assistance.
- Teach pool rules to your children and guests and post them in a highly visible location.
- Do not stick your fingers in grates and filters.
- Do not swim for at least 30 minutes if you hear thunder or see lightning. Use these tips to prepare yourself in the event of an emergency:
- Take lifeguard, first aid and CPR courses in case anyone needs assistance while on your property. Once old enough, your children should receive this same training.
- Enroll your children in swimming classes led by a qualified swim instructor.
- Keep rescue equipment and a telephone to call 911 close to the pool area.
- Place emergency numbers and CPR instructions close to the pool.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below:Tags: Insurance, Insurance News, Summer Swimming, Swimming Pool Tips
Posted in: Insurance News