Did You Know?
Fun in the sun is even better when you have a swimming pool in your backyard to stay cool on hot, summer days. Despite all the entertainment that a swimming pool offers, there are also homeowner liabilities. To help you minimize your risk, we’ve gathered some safety tips to keep you in the know as you swim.
Swimming Pool Liability Precautions
To Minimize Drowning Risks:
- Install safety fences around the pool with a locked latch and place a cover over the pool when you are not using it.
- Always supervise welcome swimmers at all times.
- Keep lifesaving equipment near the pool and learn how to properly use it.
- Do not allow swimmers to horseplay in the pool.
To Minimize Disease Risks:
- Keep the pool water properly filtered and chemically treated.
- Do not allow swimmers to drink pool water.
- Keep pets out of the pool.
- Do not allow swimmers with open wounds or illnesses to go in the water.
- Do not allow babies to swim unless they are wearing swim diapers.
To Minimize Chemical Risks:
- Avoid over-shocking the pool; keep chemicals at the proper levels.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when adding chemicals to the pool or filtration system.
- Store chemicals in a cool, dry place where they are away from fire hazards and lawn care products.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below:Tags: Insurance, Insurance News, pool, Swimming Pool Tips