Getting into an automobile accident is scary enough without the added stress of being unsure how to handle the situation. We want you to have all the information that you need to navigate this trying experience with ease. Here’s how to maneuver through this process:
- Get out of your car and provide assistance to anyone who is injured.
- Call the police or highway patrol immediately. They can call emergency personnel for you if needed.
- Protect the accident scene by setting up flares, putting up cones or moving your car off the road.
- Once the police arrive, give them as much information as you can concerning what occurred. Do not admit fault; just give the facts.
- Ask the investigating officer for a copy of the report, as you may have to submit that with your claim.
- Write down the names and addresses of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident. Also, note the license plate number, make, model and year of each car involved. You should also note the name of the other driver’s insurance company and driver’s license number.
- Write down the names and contact information for any and all witnesses to your accident.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below: