Home Matters – Clothes Dryer Safety TipsAugust 22, 2018 - 1 minute read
Did You Know?
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that there are over 2,900 fires annually from clothes dryers. Unfortunately, these fires account for scores of personal injuries and cause millions in property damage each year.
LOTHES DRYER SAFETY TIPS
Here are some dryer do’s and don’ts to help keep you safe:
- DO: Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry.
- DO: Regularly clean the area behind the dryer where lint can get trapped as well.
- DO: Hire a qualified service technician to clean the interior of the dryer and venting system on a periodic basis.
- DO: Replace plastic or vinyl exhaust hoses with metal venting.
- DO: Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and follow all of the safety instructions.
- DO NOT: Dry clothing or fabrics that contain flammable solutions such as alcohol, cooking oils, gasoline, spot removers and dry cleaning solvents. These substances give off vapors that can ignite and explode.
- DO NOT: Overload your dryer. Overloading not only causes drying to be delayed, it may also cause the dryer to break down. Call us today to learn more about all the ways we can help you to protect your home and its contents.
Continue Reading this article by receiving instant access to a downloadable PDF below:Tags: Clothes Dryer, Insurance, Insurance News, Safety Tips
Posted in: Insurance News